Friday, March 13, 2015

A Year Underground


It has been over a year since I wrote in this space. It has been a year and four months since I left Phoenix to live in Amherst, MA. A lot has happened in that time. I got married. I almost died from anaphylaxis. I had another birthday. I was diagnosed with a rare disease, a Mast Cell Activation Disorder. 

And that's just a glimpse. There are dozens of other life changing events that have taken place during this time, but since they involve details that are highly personal to other people, I don't write about them publicly, even though they have altered the landscape of my life in ways I never could have imagined. It's been a lot to deal with in solitude, although maybe it's the type of "a lot" that can only be dealt with in solitude. 

In any case, I went underground in more ways than one. I lost parts of myself along the way, discarded some others that I was done with, and also acquired aspects of newness during this time of involution and evolution. And now I'm ready to surface. The darkness served its purpose and now I'm hungry for light. I've missed writing for myself, about my life, in ways that aren't connected to business and making a living. I've got three other active blogs, but they all have a specific focus: Dominate is all about Creativity Consulting for artists and entrepreneurs, Figuring Out My New Jewish life focuses solely on my musings on Judaism, and Masto-Say What? is all about my life as it relates to having Mast Cell Activation Disorder. That's a lot of blogging, but none of those blogs are the appropriate spaces for the types of writing I've been so desperately missing.

So I'm dusting off the welcome mat, spit polishing the mirror, and arranging the space for company. Pull up a chair. I've missed you. 








No comments:

Post a Comment